Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Homemade Roasted-Tomato Soup with Parmesan Wafers








Recipe: Roasted-Tomato Soup with Parmesan Wafers

One of my favorite ways to indulge in cold weather with a hearty & healthy belly-warming soup. 5 years ago, my dear friend Kate introduced me to the world's best tomato bisque at Peacock Cafe in Georgetown. When she told me I had to order it I initially balked at the idea - why have soup when you can have a delicious muster & turkey sammy on a baguette?? Well, she was right. It is mindblowingly delicious. I order it every time I am there and I could eat it every day. Not kidding. I plan on torturing the chef (waterboarding tomato soup boarding him) for the recipe.

Until then, I impressed myself and declared my culinary prowess after making this one from Epicurious. It has a wonderful rustic from-scratch texture and roasting the tomatoes avoids blandness and adds a sophisticated flavor. Plus that classic tomatoey goodness practically teleports me back to my childhood... oh to be young, careless, side ponytailed, and neon in the 80's.

Enjoy. xo.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post, creative idea,I love it! I will be very happy if you also check out my blog :) would you like to follow each other via bloglovin and gfc?
    Have a nice week!
    xoxo
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton! Just checked out your awesome blog and I am following you on bloglovin.

      xo
      Ashley

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha! I just had some for lunch with homemade beer bread. It more delicious than I remember - Thanks for stopping by, Milna!

      Delete
  3. That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome, Sofia. Thanks so much for your comment and visiting Ditty and Sugar!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I just had more soup for lunch with homemade beer bread - talk about a beer budget ;) Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

      xo

      Ashley

      Delete
  5. totally delicious. what a cook with a style!

    Laura x

    www.coffeetoastandlondon.com

    ReplyDelete